Roasted Duck Breast
This Roasted Duck Breast with Fingerling Potatoes in J. Lohr Estates Los Osos Merlot and Blueberry Sauce recipe was created with the J. Lohr Estates Los Osos Merlot in mind!
Recipe courtesy of Chef Laurent Grangien, Chef/Owner of Bistro Laurent, Paso Robles, California.
- 2 large duck breasts
- 2 lbs. fingerling potatoes
- 2 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup J. Lohr Estates Los Osos Merlot
- 4 Tbsp. veal stock or demi-glace
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Sear the duck breasts for 2 minutes on each side in a pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil. They should be medium rare.
- Bake the fingerling potatoes in a 450°F oven for approximately 30 minutes or until tender
- In a separate pan, add one tablespoon of butter and the blueberries and cook for 2 minutes. Deglaze the pan with J. Lohr Estates Los Osos Merlot and reduce. Then add the veal stock or demi-glace, and cook slowly for another 5 minutes. Add the remaining tablespoon of butter. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the potatoes in the middle of the plate, then place the sliced duck breast over the potatoes. Pour sauce around base of plate and garnish with fresh herbs, such as rosemary and thyme.
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.