No-Bake Goat Cheese and Walnut Cheesecake
Pinot Noir with cheesecake? You bet, when it’s this easy, rich dessert offering.
For the crust:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup fresh thyme, chopped, plus more for garnish
For the filling:
8-ounces cream cheese, room temperature
11-ounces fresh goat cheese, room temperature
14-ounces sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup candied walnuts, chopped, plus more for garnish
- Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick spray. Line the pan with parchment paper, leaving a little overhang on the sides. Spray the parchment paper with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar in the bowl of a food processor, and process until finely ground.
- Add the butter, and process until combined.
- Pour crust into baking pan, and press with the back of a spoon to lightly pack. Set pan in fridge while making the filling.
- Place cream cheese and goat cheese in a medium mixing bowl, and beat with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, a little a time, beating well between additions.
- Add the vanilla, and beat until smooth.
- Fold in the nuts and stir to combine.
- Pour filling over crust, and place in freezer for 4 hours and preferably overnight. When ready to serve, cut into squares and garnish with fresh thyme and candied walnuts.
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.