Crispy Patatas Bravas with Piquillo Pepper Aioli
Tapas night has never been better with these vegan Crispy Patatas Bravas, made with fingerling potatoes and served with a sweet and spicy piquillo pepper aioli. Delicious!
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 40 min.
FOR THE POTATOES:
- 1 ½ pounds fingerling potatoes halved lengthwise
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
FOR THE AIOLI:
- ½ cup good quality mayonnaise (use vegan mayonnaise to keep it vegan)
- ¼ cup roasted piquillo peppers, seeds removed and coarsely chopped (can substitute roasted red pepper)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°. Arrange potatoes, cut side down, on a rimmed baking sheet, spacing evenly apart. Pour in enough water to cover baking sheet with a thin layer, about 1 ½-2 cups. Cover baking sheet very tightly with foil, crimping against the sides of the baking sheet to seal and trap in the steam.
- Bake until a fork slides easily through potatoes, about 20 minutes. Let potatoes cool slightly and increase oven temperature to 425°. Peel back the foil on one corner and pour off any remaining water into the sink. Remove foil and drizzle olive oil over potatoes. Season with salt and toss to combine.
- Arrange potatoes cut side down and evenly spaced again and roast until tops are golden and bottoms are deeply browned, about 20 minutes more. Let potatoes cool slightly, then use a spatula to unstick them from baking sheet.
- While potatoes are baking, make the aioli by combining mayonnaise, piquillo pepper and salt in a blender. Pulse until smooth and transfer to a bowl. Serve with potatoes.
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.