The delicious recipe for "Riverstone" Scallops is the perfect pairing for the J. Lohr Estates Riverstone Chardonnay. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Chef Anthony Castelli, La Parma II, Huntington, New York.
- 1 lb. large scallops (save shells)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan, sear scallops over high heat on both sides and set aside.
J. Lohr Estates Riverstone Chardonnay Sauce
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 tsp flour
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup shallots, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup J. Lohr Estates Riverstone Chardonnay
- Melt butter in a medium sauté pan; add 1 tsp of flour and the chopped shallots. Sauté until shallots are golden.
- Add the J. Lohr Estates Chardonnay and rosemary sprig and summer for 10 minutes.
- Discard rosemary, add the lemon juice and whisk in a touch more butter to smooth out the sauce.
- Place scallops in the shells, arrange on plates and spoon sauce over each scallop.
- Enjoy with a glass of J. Lohr Estates Riverstone Chardonnay.