Melon, Mozzarella, and Mint Caprese Salad
A delicious twist to the traditional caprese salad!
- ½ cup seedless blackberry jam or preserves
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 small cantaloupe
- 1 small honeydew
- 1 bunch small radishes
- 8 oz. small, fresh mozzarella balls (ciliegine size)
- 1 large bunch mint
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- Whisk together blackberry jam, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out flesh of cantaloupe and honeydew. Slice radishes into
⅛-inch thick rounds.
- Toss together melon balls, radishes, mozzarella, mint, and blackberries. Arrange on a serving plate, then drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with coarse salt. Serve alongside blackberry balsamic vinaigrette.
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.