Bone-in Rib Steak with Classic Red Wine Jus
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jean Claude Douguet.
Red Wine Jus
- 2 shallots
- 1-2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp. cracked black peppercorn
- 1 Tbsp. Brandy
- 2 cup demi-glaze
- 1 cup J. Lohr Estates Seven Oaks Cabernet Sauvignon
Bone-in Rib Steak
- 2 prime bone-in rib steaks
- salt and pepper
Classic Red Wine Jus
- Chop shallots, thyme and black peppercorn and combine.
- Reduce with J. Lohr Estates Seven Oaks Cabernet Sauvignon.
- When reduced by half, add demi-glaze. Reduce again until consistency is syrupy. Strain, add salt to taste.
Canadian Prime Bone-in Rib steak
- Season steak with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Grill to medium to allow the fat to melt and create a juicy, tender steak.
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.