Bone-in Rib Steak with Classic Red Wine Jus
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jean Claude Douguet.
Red Wine Jus
- 2 Shallots
- 1-2 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- 1/2 Tsp Cracked Black Peppercorn
- 1 Tbs Brandy
- 2 C Demi-Glaze
- 1 C J. Lohr Estates Seven Oaks Cabernet Sauvignon
Bone-in Rib Steak
- 2 Prime Bone-in Rib Steaks
- Salt and Pepper
Classic Red Wine Jus
- Chop shallots, thyme and black peppercorn and combine.
- Reduce with J. Lohr Estates Seven Oaks Cabernet Sauvignon.
- When reduced by half, add demi-glaze. Reduce again until consistency is syrupy. Strain, add salt to taste.
Canadian Prime Bone-in Rib steak
- Season steak with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Grill to medium to allow the fat to melt and create a juicy, tender steak.
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.