Angeli’s Pork Tenderloin with J. Lohr Hilltop Cabernet Portabella Mushrooms
This quick, easy and delicious Pork Tenderloin recipe from Chef Humberto Armenta is great for any night of the week!
- 2 lbs. pork tenderloin, cut into 1 1/2 to 2 oz medallions
- 1 lb. margarine
- 4 tsp. fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs. portabella mushrooms, cut into strips
- 12 oz. fresh spinach
- 4 oz. sundried tomatoes
- 12 oz. unsalted butter
- 2 cups J. Lohr HIlltop Cabernet
- 12 oz. beef base
- Lightly coat each side of the medallions in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. In a sauté pan, heat margarine until melted and hot. Place the medallions in the pan with the hot margarine and cook for two minutes on each side, lightly browning. Remove the cooked medallions and set aside.
- Discard the used margarine but keep the same pan with the residue still in the pan. Add the garlic,
mushrooms, spinach, sundried tomatoes and butter, and place on high heat. Combine by stirring all
the ingredients together and scraping the residue from the bottom of the pan. Add the J. Lohr Hilltop
Cabernet and beef base to the pan and continue to stir at high heat. Reduce the liquid by half, then
add the cooked medallions to the pan and heat for one minute.
- Serve with a delicious glass of J. Lohr Hilltop Cabernet and enjoy!
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.