Grilled Filet Mignon with J. Lohr Signature Cabernet Goat Cheese Butter
A perfectly grilled Filet Mignon steak is always delicious, but when combined with this J. Lohr Signature Cabernet Sauvignon Goat Cheese Butter, it is taken to the next level! Recipe from Chef Clifton Vogelsberg.
- 4 filet mignon steaks
- 12 oz. J. Lohr Signature Cabernet
- 2 oz. goat cheese
- 1/2 lb. butter
- 1 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- pinch of ground white pepper
- 1 oz. scallions (cut on thin bias)
- 1 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- In saucepan, reduce J. Lohr Cabernet until it is a thick syrup consistency, then cool down and reserve. Dice butter and let soften at room temperature for approximately one hour. In a Kitchen Aid mixer with whisk, combine seasonings, butter and cabernet reduction. Whip to a fluffy consistency until ingredients are combined well. With a rubber spatula, fold in scallions and crumbled goat cheese (put in freezer for a short time to attain good crumbles). Roll into a log on parchment paper, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Grill filet mignon to desired temperature. Cut a medallion of the J. Lohr Signature Cabernet Goat Cheese Roll and place over steak to begin melting. Serve immediately as the medallion slowly melts over the steak. Pairs perfectly with J. Lohr Signature Cabernet Sauvignon. Enjoy!
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.