Tuscan Sausage Soup
It's soup season and we have just the recipe that's sure to please any of your pickiest "what's for dinner" eaters! Creamy and hearty, you'll enjoy every spoonful of this quick and simple Tuscan Sausage Soup dish prepared right in your Instant Pot. For the chef, enjoy alongside a glass of J. Lohr October Night Chardonnay – you’ve earned it!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4-5 servings
- 1 lb. Italian sausage without casings (mild or hot)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 large yellow or white onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano or 1 tsp. dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 bunch kale leaves, chopped (remove and discard stems)
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- shaved Parmesan cheese
- Set 6-qt Instant Pot to sauté mode (medium-low). Add Italian sausage to pot and break up with a spoon. Cook until sausage is lightly browned for about 5 minutes then drain any excess fat.
- Return sausage to Instant Pot and add garlic, onion, and oregano. Stir constantly until onions become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken broth and sun-dried tomatoes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cancel sauté mode then select the manual setting on your Instant Pot. Adjust the pressure to high and set the timer for 5 minutes. When time is up, do a quick release.
- Select sauté mode and add the chopped kale to the soup until wilted, about 2-4 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream until heated through, about 1 minute. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve the Tuscan Sausage Soup immediately with freshly shaved Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.