Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Cherry Pepper Chow-Chow
Recipe courtesy of Chef Elise Wendland.
- 6 Tbs Kosher Salt
- 6 Tbs Sugar
- 2 C Cider Vinegar
- 1 C Water
- 1 C J. Lohr Estates Seven Oaks Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 Tsp Fresh Ginger
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Black Peppercorns
- 1/2 Tsp Coriander
- 1/2 Tsp Celery Seed
- 1/2 Tsp Allspice
- 2 C Vidalia Onion
- 2 C Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 C Fennel Bulb
- 2 C Cherries (Pitted)
*Make Chow-Chow at least 2 days before
- Combine the ingredients for the brine in a stainless steel pot.
- Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Let the ingredients cool and steep for about 15 minutes, then strain through a fine mesh strainer.
- Pour the brine over the vegetables and cherries. Leave the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours and then pulse in a food processor to finish. Can be kept in the refrigerator for a week.
- Season the pork tender-loin with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Preheat the grill for 10-15 minutes. Grill tenderloin until the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Remove from heat and let it rest for ten minutes. Slice and serve with the Cherry Pepper Chow Chow and J. Lohr Estates Seven Oaks Cabernet Sauvignon.
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.