Prosciutto Corn Cups
Easy to make and savory. Perfect as an appetizer or a fun side dish.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Malcom Jessup.
- 1 cup corn kernels
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 6 oz. prosciutto
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- basil chiffonade to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- To make the batter, combine all of the ingredients except the prosciutto in a food processor.
- Brush a mini muffin pan with a little olive oil.
- Cut each slice of prosciutto in half lengthwise and place in the muffin pan to form a cup. Make sure no holes are evident and patch if necessary.
- Carefully fill each cup with the corn batter, and place in the oven.
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes until the batter is set and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Transfer to a platter and garnish with the basil chiffonade.
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.