Merlot Cranberry Compote with Baked Brie
The holiday season is the perfect time for friends and family to gather to spend time together over delicious food, great company, and a glass of wine! What holiday gathering would be complete without the perfect appetizer, and we have just the one! This Merlot Cranberry Compote with Baked Brie recipe is super quick, easy to prepare, and is sure to be a holiday favorite all will enjoy.
Recipe courtesy of @sarah_licious_eats
- 3/4 cup J. Lohr Estates Los Osos Merlot
1 cup dried cranberries
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. corn starch
2 Tbsp. water
- Bake your Brie for 8 minutes in an air fryer at 350º F.
- In a saucepan add dried cranberries, brown sugar, and wine.
- Bring everything to a boil and cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl add corn starch and water; mix together.
- Next, add the corn starch slurry to the saucepan and stir for 2 minutes until thick.
- Serve over Baked Brie with crackers or fresh baguette slices.
- Enjoy with a glass of J. Lohr Estates Los Osos Merlot!
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.