Pizza Waffle Fries
There is nothing quite like sipping a glass of wine outside on the patio on a warm summer evening, especially when in good company. A glass of J. Lohr Estates Falcon's Perch Pinot Noir pairs perfectly with these pizza waffle fries. A simple dish that's full of flavor.
Prep Time: 2 min.
Cook Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound waffle fries, frozen
- 1-2 cups marinara sauce
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning, if desired
- 10-12 slices pepperoni
- Basil chiffonade, to finish
- Spread the fries evenly on a baking sheet and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake per package instructions. I like to add an extra minute to the cooking time to get them a little extra crispy before adding the wet ingredients.
- Once waffle fries are golden, remove from oven and build the “pizza” by layering the marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni.
- Set the pizza in the oven to bake for 5-7 minutes at 350°F., or until the cheese is slightly melted and golden brown.
- Remove the pizza waffle fries from the oven. Top with basil chiffonade, and serve.
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.