Pan-Roasted Halibut with Orange-Cream Reduction Sauce
Whip-up something new tonight with this summer-inspired Pan-Roasted Halibut recipe courtesy of Winemaker, White Wines, Kristen Barnhisel. Pair with a glass of J. Lohr October Night Chardonnay and enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
For the Halibut
- 2 lbs. halibut steak (tilapia can be substituted)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Cut halibut into 4 equally sized pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter on medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Place halibut in hot pan and cook for 5-7 min on each side (cooking time varies depending on thickness).
- Do not remove until brown and caramelized.
- Remove fish from pan and cover to keep warm.
For the Sauce
- 2 shallots, minced
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice concentrate
- 4 Tbsp. butter, cut into pats
- 2 Tbsp. plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- Add shallots, white wine, and orange juice to the same pan used to cook the halibut. Cook on medium-high heat until reduced to about 2 Tbsp.
- Whisk in each pat of butter.
- Remove from heat and stir in the yogurt and heavy cream.
- Top halibut with sauce and serve.
Recommended pairing: J. Lohr October Night Chardonnay