Lemon Risotto with Mascarpone and Peas
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Lemon Risotto with Mascarpone and Peas has bright notes of zesty lemon, creamy mascarpone, perfumed with fresh chives and fresh peas.
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 larger shallots peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 cups chardonnay wine
- 6 cups stock vegetable or chicken
- 1 pinch saffron
- 3/4 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 4 heaping tbps mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 large lemon zested and juiced
- 3 tbsp fresh chives finely chopped
- sea salt to taste
- Bring the broth and saffron to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cover and keep the broth warm over the low heat.
- In a large skillet over medium low flame add in the olive oil and shallots, sautée together until translucent.
- Stir in the risotto rice and toss to coat in the oils. Toast for a minute or so then hit it with the white wine. Once the wine has been almost fully absorbed start adding in the stock a ladleful at a time while maintaining a constant gentle simmer. Make sure to stir well every time you add more stock and never let the rice dry out completely before adding more liquid.
- Before you add your last ladle of stock, add in the fresh peas and let them cook for the last few minutes. Should take about 20-25 minutes.
- Turn off heat, scoop out the mascarpone cheese, grate parmesan cheese and zest and juice of the lemon. Mix well until fully combined. Add in the fresh chives.
- Serve with a little extra parmesan cheese and Chardonnay.
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.