Chocolate Crunch Torte
This decadent Chocolate Crunch Torte with a Créme Anglaise is the perfect ending to any meal. A Chef Bijan Shokatfard creation.
- 1 lb. chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate mousse mix
- Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler. Follow directions on mousse mix and fold into melted chocolate. Set aside.
- 1 lb. Gianduja chocolate (a sweet chocolate with hazelnut paste)
- 1/2 cup Pailleté Feuilletine
- 1/2 lb. praline paste
- 1/4 cup hazelnut oil
- In a food processor, blend the praline paste and hazelnut oil together.
- Melt the Gianduja chocolate over a
double boiler, then mix in Pailleté Feuilletine and blend of praline paste and hazelnut oil.
- Spread out the Gianduja mixture on a buttered sheet pan, and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Using desired
shape ring mold, punch out a chocolate base.
- Place the punched out base with ring mold attached on a
separate cookie sheet.
- Fill with melted ganache and chill.
Easy Crème Anglaise
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 2 egg yolks
- Melt ice cream using a double boiler, then add egg yolks and whisk occasionally until mixture starts to thicken (approximately 10 minutes). Chill.
- Heat a kitchen towel with hot water, squeezing excess water out, and gently rub sides of the ring mold until
the chocolate crunch can be removed with little or no force.
- Place torte in the center of the plate and drizzle
sauce as desired.
- Enjoy with a glass of J. Lohr Pure Paso™ Proprietary Red Wine!