Moroccan Salmon Tartar with Ras El Hanout
Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 20-30 pieces
- 1 tsp. finely-chopped fresh dill, plus more, coarsely chopped, for garnish
- 1 tsp. finely-chopped fresh mint, plus more, coarsely chopped, for garnish
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. ras el hanout spice blend
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and beautifully diced
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, optional
- 1/2 lb. fresh salmon fillet, finely diced
- Maldon sea salt
- toasted baguette slices
- Combine the finely-chopped dill, finely-chopped mint, lemon zest, three-quarters of the lemon juice, ras el hanout, olive oil, and cucumber, and mix with the salmon.
- Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste.
- Spoon onto toasted baguettes, top with remaining chopped herbs, and drizzle with olive oil.
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.