Moroccan Salmon Tartar with Ras El Hanout
Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 20-30 pieces
- 1 tsp. finely-chopped fresh dill, plus more, coarsely chopped, for garnish
- 1 tsp. finely-chopped fresh mint, plus more, coarsely chopped, for garnish
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. ras el hanout spice blend
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and beautifully diced
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, optional
- 1/2 lb. fresh salmon fillet, finely diced
- Maldon sea salt
- toasted baguette slices
Combine the finely-chopped dill, finely-chopped mint, lemon zest, three-quarters of the lemon juice, ras el hanout, olive oil, and cucumber, and mix with the salmon.
Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste.
Spoon onto toasted baguettes, top with remaining chopped herbs, and drizzle with olive oil.
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.