Charmoula Roasted Halibut
Time: 25 minutes
Yield: Serves 8
Preheat: heat broiler on high
- 8 (6oz.) skinless halibut pieces
- 2 tbsp. cumin seeds
- 3 cups (lightly packed) fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 cup (lightly packed) fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup (lightly packed) fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. sweet smoked paprika (pimentón dulce)
- 2 tsp. coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
Heat small skillet over medium heat. Add cumin seeds and toast until aromatic and slightly darker, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.
Transfer to food processor. Add parsley leaves and next six ingredients to processor. Using on/off turns, process until coarse paste forms.
With machine running, gradually add ½ cup of the olive oil to complete the Charmoula. Use half of the Charmoula to rub over the fish and set aside to marinate.
Add the 1 cup of remaining olive oil and the lemon juice to the remaining half of the Charmoula and use to drizzle over the cooked fish.
Line a sheet tray with foil and place the fish, presentation side up, on tray. Broil until just done, fish should be opaque in center.
Drizzle cooked fish with remaining Charmoula.