Lobster & Shrimp Alfredo
A lovely evening at home filled with delectable food and good friends isn't complete without the perfect bottle of wine! The 2018 J. Lohr Estates Riverstone Chardonnay is the perfect pairing for this Lobster & Shrimp Alfredo recipe. This recipe has minimal prep time and is absolutely delicious. Bon appétit!
Recipe and photo courtesy of: Erica Key @ Eating With Erica
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 pound large cooked shrimp
- 2 lobster tails
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 3 tablespoons herb butter
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups shaved Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large bowl, mix shrimp, salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning and red pepper flakes together
- Bring a large skillet to medium high heat and add oil
- Add shrimp and sauté for 5-7 mins
- Lower heat and stir in half and half and Parmesan cheese. Simmer on low heat for 3-5 mins
- Add in fresh parsley and finish with herb butter.
- Taste to determine if more salt and pepper is needed
- When sauce has thickened, combine with cooked pasta noodles; serve hot.
Poaching The Lobster Tails
- Add 2-3 tbs. of water to a large pan and bring to a simmer.
- Slowly add slices of butter to the simmering water and whisk to ensure it stays liquid.
- Plenty of butter and a little water to gently poach lobster at medium heat
- Do not boil
- Add to Shrimp Alfredo
Serve With Glass Of J. Lohr Estates Riverstone Chardonnay & Enjoy