Lobster & Shrimp Alfredo
Lobster, shrimp, and Riverstone? Sounds like the makings of a perfect evening at home. A J. Lohr Chardonnay is the perfect pairing for this Lobster & Shrimp Alfredo recipe. This recipe has minimal prep time and is absolutely delicious. Bon appétit!
Recipe and photo courtesy of Erica Key @ Eating With Erica.
- 1 lb. fettuccine
- 1 lb. large cooked shrimp
- 2 lobster tails
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. cajun seasoning
- 3 Tbsp. herb butter
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups shaved Parmesan
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large bowl, mix shrimp, salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning and red pepper flakes together.
- Bring a large skillet to medium high heat and add oil.
- Add shrimp and sauté for 5-7 mins.
- Lower heat and stir in half and half and Parmesan cheese. Simmer on low heat for 3-5 mins.
- Add in fresh parsley and finish with herb butter.
- Taste to determine if more salt and pepper is needed.
- When sauce has thickened, combine with cooked pasta noodles; serve hot.
Poaching The Lobster Tails:
- Add 2-3 tbs. of water to a large pan and bring to a simmer.
- Slowly add slices of butter to the simmering water and whisk to ensure it stays liquid.
- Plenty of butter and a little water to gently poach lobster at medium heat.
- Do not boil.
- Add to Shrimp Alfredo.
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.