Hong Kong-Style Sea Bass
Recipe courtesy of Chef Robert Holley
2 portions sea bass (approximately 8 oz each)
- 4 oz. light soy sauce
- 3 oz. dry sherry wine
- 2 oz. water
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- Combine all ingredients, and bring to a boil.
- 2 Tbsp. ginger, fine julienne
- 2 Tbsp. scallions, fine julienne
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb fresh spinach, washed and stemmed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Steam or sauté the sea bass.
- In sauté pan, sweat spinach in sesame and olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- For plate presentation, place a bed of spinach in a soup bowl, rest sea bass on top of spinach, and garnish with the remaining ginger and scallions.
- Pour soy broth over fish and serve with sticky rice and chopsticks.
- Enjoy with a glass of J. Lohr Estates Riverstone Chardonnay!
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.