Brie on the BBQ
From our winemaker Kristen B. comes this easy yet elegant grilled accompaniment to one of J. Lohr Chardonnays!
Recipe provided by Kristen Barnhisel, J. Lohr Winemaker, White Wine
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
Yield: serves 8-10 servings
What you’ll need to get started
- 6" cast iron skillet
- Aluminum foil
- Whole round of Brie triple crème cheese
- Fresh or dried thyme
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- J. Lohr Chardonnay
- Heat up your grill
- Take a whole round of Brie triple crème cheese, remove the wrapper
- Gently cut and remove the rind from one side of the round
- Place the round on a 6” cast iron skillet or in aluminum foil shaped into a bowl
- Cut several slices of fresh baguette, brushing olive oil on one side
- Sprinkle fresh or dried thyme on the round
- Place ½ cup J. Lohr Estates Riverstone Chardonnay in dish or foil
- Place skillet or foil bowl with no cover on warm 425°F grill for 6-8 minutes
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper
- While grill is hot, toast the pieces of baguette on both sides, flipping with tongs (it will toast very quickly)
Serve the melted Brie and baguette toasts with a glass of J. Lohr Chardonnay and enjoy!
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.