“Seven Oaks” Brisket Sliders
Here’s a classic yet easy to make sliders recipe that’s a perfect match with Seven Oaks!
Recipe courtesy of Chef Nicholas Drossos
Serves: 8-12 (24 sliders)
- 1 brisket, 3½ lbs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 large sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups J. Lohr Estates Seven Oaks Cabernet
- 2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 Tbsp. horseradish
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 2 dozen slider rolls
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Rub salt and pepper evenly all over brisket. In a large skillet, sear brisket in olive oil until evenly browned. Place brisket on a rack in an ovenproof roasting pan. Cook onions in the same pan that was used to sear the brisket. Stir frequently over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, until they begin to caramelize. Add 2 cups of J. Lohr Cabernet to the onions along with the rosemary, bay leaves and canned tomatoes. When heated through, pour this mixture over the brisket.
- In a small bowl, combine ketchup, horseradish, vinegar and brown sugar. Place this mixture on top of the onions and brisket. Cover roasting pan tightly with foil and bake for 3 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Transfer brisket to a cutting board. Remove half of the liquid from the pan and place in a small saucepan. Whisk in the flour and bring to a boil. Cook till smooth and mixture thickens. Add the remaining liquid from pan to the thickened sauce and heat through.
- Slice brisket across the grain into thin slices and put on small slider rolls.
- Spoon sauce over each slider.
- Serve with a delicious glass of J. Lohr Estates Seven Oaks Cabernet!
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.