Garlic Polenta with Mascarpone & Fresh Corn
Time: 20 minutes
- 7 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups quick-cook polenta
- 2 cups corn kernels, cooked in butter
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup mascarpone
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the stock and garlic in a large, heavy-based pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the polenta in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly. Reduce the heat to low and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring often, until no longer grainy. If mixture seems thick, add more warm stock or water.
- When the grains of polenta are soft, add the butter, mascarpone, corn, and Parmesan.
- Mix thoroughly and season to taste. Drizzle with a good extra virgin olive oil if desired.
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.