Garlic Polenta with Mascarpone & Fresh Corn
Time: 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 8
- 7 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups quick-cook polenta
- 2 cups corn kernels, cooked in butter
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup mascarpone
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine the stock and garlic in a large, heavy-based pot and bring to a boil.
Add the polenta in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly. Reduce the heat to low and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring often, until no longer grainy. If mixture seems thick, add more warm stock or water.
When the grains of polenta are soft, add the butter, mascarpone, corn, and Parmesan.
Mix thoroughly and season to taste. Drizzle with a good extra virgin olive oil if desired.
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.