Grilled Lamb Chop with Chardonnay Poached Pear Chutney
White wine with lamb? You bet, when it’s the richly structured J. Lohr Arroyo Vista Chardonnay.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alfredo Malinis.
- 12 baby lamb chops
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- fresh herbs, finely chopped (optional)
- Generously coat the lamb with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, then either grill or oven-roast.
- If grilling, cook lamb chops on the grill for 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare.
- If oven-roasting, first heat a small amount of oil in a cast iron frying pan on the stove top, and place chop flat-side-down in the pan.
- Allow each side to cook undisturbed for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and place in a 350°F oven. Roast for 6 to 7 minutes for medium-rare.
- 5 pears, peeled with core removed
- 3 cups J. Lohr Arroyo Vista Chardonnay
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp. whole cloves
- In a large saucepan, add wine, water, sugar and cloves.
- Heat to a simmer.
- Carefully place pears into liquid and cover.
- Poach gently until there is no resistance when pierced with a skewer
- 5 poached pears, medium diced
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup J. Lohr Arroyo Vista Chardonnay
- Place all ingredients in a medium sauté pan and cook over medium-low heat.
- Cook until liquid is almost gone, approximately 25 to 35 minutes.
- Arrange three lamb chops on each plate and top with the Chardonnay Poached Pear Chutney.
- Enjoy with a glass of J. Lohr Arroyo Vista Chardonnay.
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas