Linguine with clams in a butter-garlic sauce makes for an easy and elegant Italian pasta dinner.
Recipe courtesy of J. Lohr Marketing Manager Joshua Baldovino
- 12 ounces linguine
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth, or more, as needed
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds littleneck clams, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in vegetable broth; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in clams. Cover, with a tight-fitting lid, and cook until the clams have opened, about 5-8 minutes. Discard any unopened clams.
- Stir in pasta and additional vegetable broth, as needed.
- Serve immediately, garnish with parsley, if desired.
- Pair with a glass of J. Lohr Fog’s Reach Pinot Noir.
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.