How to make Spanish Meatballs (in the Instant Pot!)
1. Begin by heating olive oil in a medium skillet. Saute onion 3-4 minutes until it begins to soften, then add garlic and saute an additional minute. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
2. In a very large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, ground chorizo, torn bread, egg, grated cheese, cilantro, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix with your hands to combine. Add the cooled onions and garlic and mix well until just combined.
3. Grease a large plate surface lightly with olive oil; set aside. Lightly grease your hands with oil as well, then pinch a bit of the meat mixture out of the bowl and roll it into a 1-inch ball. Place the meatball on the plate.
4. Repeat with the remaining meat mixture until you have approximately 30 meatballs. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes, or freeze for up to a week.
5. When ready to cook, pour the sauce into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place the meatballs in the sauce in a single layer, then add a second layer on top.
6. Place the lid on the pot and set the valve to ‘Sealing’. Press ‘Manual’ and set the timer for 6 minutes. When the cooking time is over, allow the pot to naturally release for 5 minutes, then turn the valve to quick release the remaining pressure.
7. Stir the meatballs to coat them in the sauce. Serve on a large plate or bowl along with your Spanish tapas platter and J. Lohr Estates Seven Oaks Cabernet Sauvignon.
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.