Boursin & Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
These stuffed mushrooms are easy, elegant, Merlot-friendly finger foods to elevate your next gathering.
Time: 35 min.
Yield: 20-30 pieces
- 1½ lb. medium white or crimini mushrooms
- olive oil for drizzling
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ lb. mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. Boursin cheese
- ¼ cup parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and chop coarsely. Place the mushroom caps in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and mix well. Transfer the mushrooms to a baking sheet and roast for 8-10 minutes or until just soft.
- Heat a skillet over a medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the sausage and chopped mushroom stems and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon until no longer raw. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute. Remove from heat, drain off excess oil, and mix in the Boursin cheese and parsley. Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Using a small spoon, fill the mushrooms with the sausage mixture, and sprinkle with the Parmesan. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the filling and mushrooms are hot.
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.