Add a personal touch to your gifting by crafting these festive holiday candles. They are fun to make and can be done in a single afternoon. Just a few easy steps, some thrift shop glassware, and you have the perfect gift or decoration for your own mantle or centerpiece.
What You'll Need:
- Assorted Vintage Glassware
- Soy Wax
- Wood Wicks
- Vanilla Essential Oil
- Cinnamon Essential Oil
- Nutmeg Essential Oil
- Star Anise
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Melt your Soy Wax in a small dish. Remember that when it melts, the flakes will reduce in size by about half. We recommend filling your glass halfway with wax flakes to measure how much you’ll need to melt.
- Once melted, take it the wax off the heat and cool it for 1 to 2 minutes.
- When you’re adding your essential oils, you’ll need to use a generous amount to ensure the aromas are present. Add about 50 drops per cup of wax. In our example, we used 15 drops cinnamon, 20 drops vanilla, and 15 drops nutmeg essential oils. Then stir thoroughly, being careful not to create too many air bubbles in the wax.
- Set the wick in its stand in the middle of your glass, making sure it is on a level surface.
- Pour the wax with care, allowing 1/2 Inch of space at the top of the glass. Let cool by resting the new candle at room temperature.
- As the wax beings to turn opaque, it’s time to sprinkle on the cinnamon stick, pieces of star anise, a pinch of freshly ground pepper and a sprinkle of freshly grated nutmeg.
- Once fully cooled, trim the wick to size.
- Enjoy a glass of J. Lohr wine as you admire your latest do-it-yourself accomplishment!