Seafood Penne with Jalapeno Pesto
Recipe courtesy of Chef Armando Vasquez
- 1/2 cup J. Lohr Estates Riverstone Chardonnay
- 8 large shrimp
- 8 sea scallops
- 1 medium zucchini
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. jalapeño pesto sauce (olive oil, basil, jalapeño peppers, garlic—quantity of each depending on taste)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese
- 8 oz. penne pasta, cooked and drained just prior to serving
- salt, pepper, butter and extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Using a food processor, start with 3 cloves of garlic and mince.
- Next, add 2 cups basil, one jalapeño pepper, and a dash of salt and pepper to the mixture.
- While the processor is running, slowly drizzle in approximately 1/2 cup of olive oil through the feed tube until all the ingredients are puréed. Ingredients for pesto sauce can be altered to your taste.
- Coat a sauté pan with butter and extra virgin olive oil over medium heat.
- Stir in shrimp and scallops.
- Add zucchini and cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour in pesto, heavy cream and J. Lohr Estates Riverstone Chardonnay.
- Cook for a few minutes until sauce thickens, then add pasta and cheese.
- Enjoy with a glass of J. Lohr Estates Riverstone Chardonnay!
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.