Seafood Penne with Jalapeno Pesto
Recipe courtesy of Chef Armando Vasquez
- 1/2 cup J. Lohr Estates Riverstone Chardonnay
- 8 large shrimp
- 8 sea scallops
- 1 medium zucchini
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp jalapeño pesto sauce (olive oil, basil, jalapeño peppers, garlic—quantity of each depending on taste)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese
- 8 oz penne pasta, cooked and drained just prior to serving
- salt, pepper, butter and extra virgin olive oil to taste
Jalapeño Pesto Sauce Directions:
Using a food processor, start with 3 cloves of garlic and mince. Next, add 2 cups basil, one jalapeño pepper, and a dash of salt and pepper to the mixture. While the processor is running, slowly drizzle in approximately 1/2 cup of olive oil through the feed tube until all the ingredients are puréed. Ingredients for pesto sauce can be altered to your taste.
Coat a sauté pan with butter and extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Stir in shrimp and scallops. Add zucchini and cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste. Pour in pesto, heavy cream and J. Lohr Estates Riverstone Chardonnay. Cook for a few minutes until sauce thickens, then add pasta and cheese. Enjoy with a glass of J. Lohr Estates Riverstone Chardonnay!
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.