Lemon Wine Pasta Sauce
If you love outdoor dinners with friends and family, this herb-inspired summer dinner is exactly what you're looking for! Create a fresh herb centerpiece full of basil, thyme, rosemary, sage, and parsley for guests to clip and garnish their dinner themselves.
Serve this Lemon Wine Pasta Sauce warm with fresh rainbow tomatoes, arugula, and a glass of chilled J. Lohr Arroyo Vista Chardonnay.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Justin & Chelsi @laineandlayne.
- 1/2 cup J. Lohr Arroyo Vista Chardonnay
- 1 Meyer Lemon (zest and juice)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2-3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 box gluten free fettuccini (our favorite brand is Barilla)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh thyme & basil for garnish
Optional Side: Rainbow Tomatoes with Arugula
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water. Once the pasta is finished cooking, scoop out about 1 cup of the pasta water and set aside before draining.
- After draining the pasta, add olive oil to the pasta and set aside until the sauce is finished.
- Add garlic and butter to a pan and cook until garlic starts to turn golden.
- Add in the wine and lemon juice and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the 1 cup of reserved pasta water, stir, and then add in the parmesan cheese stirring until melted.
- Add whipping cream and lemon zest, simmer for about 1 minute.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh Thyme and Basil
Serve warm with fresh rainbow tomatoes, arugula, and a glass of chilled J. Lohr Arroyo Vista Chardonnay.
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.