Lemon Wine Pasta Sauce
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.
- 1/2 cup J. Lohr Arroyo Vista Chardonnay
- 1 Meyer Lemon (zest and juice)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2-3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 box Gluten Free Fettuccini (our favorite brand is Barilla)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1/4 cup Whipping Cream
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fresh Thyme & Basil for garnish
Optional Side : Rainbow Tomatoes with Arugula
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water. Once the pasta is finished cooking, scoop out about 1 cup of the pasta water and set aside before draining.
- After draining the pasta, add olive oil to the pasta and set aside until the sauce is finished.
- Add garlic and butter to a pan and cook until garlic starts to turn golden.
- Add in the wine and lemon juice and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the 1 cup of reserved pasta water, stir, and then add in the parmesan cheese stirring until melted.
- Add whipping cream and lemon zest, simmer for about 1 minute.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh Thyme and Basil
Serve warm with fresh rainbow tomatoes, arugula, and a glass of chilled J. Lohr Arroyo Vista Chardonnay.