Homemade "Holiday Tin" Flavored Popcorn
Make your own flavored versions of this traditional holiday treat at home.
Recipe courtesy of Kasey Martin, J. Lohr Wine Club & Member Services Director
Yield: 12-14 cups
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup popcorn kernels, divided
- ½ tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 3 tsp. curry powder
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. After the oil is hot, add the popcorn kernels and salt to the oil, and then shake the pot to gently toss the kernels until they are well coated. Cover with a splatter screen or a lid that is placed slightly ajar to allow the steam to escape.
- Cook until the popcorn popping frequency slows to several seconds between pops. Remove from heat and toss in the curry powder and shake pot. Taste and adjust salt as needed.
- Pour into a large bowl and enjoy with the J. Lohr Estates Riverstone Chardonnay.
Here’s a couple, fun alternate flavors. Omit the curry powder.
- Cocoa and Chipotle: Toss popcorn with 4 Tbsp. melted butter, 2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder and ¼ tsp. chipotle powder. Pair with the J. Lohr Estates Seven Oaks Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Lemon and Tarragon: Toss popcorn with 4 Tbsp. melted butter, 2 tsp. of lemon zest, and 2 tsp. of dried tarragon. Pair with the J. Lohr F&G Vineyard Pinot Blanc.
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.