Butternut Squash Risotto
This Butternut Squash Risotto with Pancetta, Toasted Walnuts and Rosemary with J. Lohr Estates Seven Oaks Cabernet, Mascarpone and Parmesan Cheese from Chef Anthony Trobiano is a delicious recipe that we're sure you'll use over and over again!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and small diced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup J. Lohr Estates Seven Oaks Cabernet Sauvignon
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano, grated
- 2 Tbsp mascarpone cheese
- 2 Tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
Using a stock pot, sauté onion and butternut squash in olive oil until they become slightly soft. Add the rice and sauté until lightly browned. Then pour in the J. Lohr Estates Cabernet and chicken stock. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until all of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat and add in the mascarpone and reggiano cheeses, along with the chopped nuts and rosemary. Enjoy with a glass of J. Lohr Estates Seven Oaks Cabernet!