Butternut Squash Risotto
This Butternut Squash Risotto with Pancetta, Toasted Walnuts and Rosemary with J. Lohr Estates Seven Oaks Cabernet, Mascarpone and Parmesan Cheese from Chef Anthony Trobiano is a delicious recipe that we're sure you'll use over and over again!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and small diced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup J. Lohr Estates Seven Oaks Cabernet Sauvignon
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano, grated
- 2 Tbsp. mascarpone cheese
- 2 Tbsp. rosemary, finely chopped
- Using a stock pot, sauté onion and butternut squash in olive oil until they become slightly soft.
- Add the rice and sauté until lightly browned.
- Then pour in the J. Lohr Estates Cabernet and chicken stock. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until all of the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and add in the mascarpone and reggiano cheeses, along with the chopped nuts and rosemary.
- Enjoy with a glass of J. Lohr Estates Seven Oaks Cabernet!
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.