Leg of Lamb Marinated in J. Lohr Estates Seven Oaks Cabernet Sauvignon
Marinating the leg of lamb for 2-3 days results in the most flavorful and tender lamb dish.
Serves: 6 to 8
- 1 leg of lamb
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 bottle J. Lohr Estates Seven Oaks Cabernet
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp. peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp. rosemary
- 4 sprigs parsley or 1 Tbsp dried
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 2 tsp. sugar
- Place leg of lamb in a large enamel or stainless steel bowl that is deep enough for the lamb and the
- Add the vegetables and herbs, then pour in the wine and vinegar.
- Marinate two or three days,
turning the lamb twice a day. Drain and save the marinade.
- Roast the lamb in a 400°F oven for 12 minutes
per pound and baste with pan drippings.
- Remove the lamb from the pan.
- Drain off the fat, then deglaze the
pan with the saved marinade and reduce to half.
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter, then stir in the flour.
one cup of reduced marinade into the butter/flour mixture and mix well.
- Add the sugar and stir until thickened.
- slice the lamb and place on a heated platter. Pour some of the thickened marinade sauce over
the lamb and serve remaining sauce in a separate bowl.
- Enjoy with a glass of J. Lohr Estates Seven Oaks Cabernet!
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.