Crying Tiger Steak Salad
Recipe courtesy of Nittaya Parawong, Nittaya's Secret Kitchen
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 6 to 8 oz. ribeye steak
- 1 Tbsp. Thai seasoning soy sauce
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 head butter lettuce, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, halved, then sliced
- 8 to 10 mint leaves, removed from stems
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup purple onion, diced, or 1 shallot finely sliced
- 4 to 8 Thai chili red peppers
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup Thai fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. palm sugar
- pinch of salt
- Place dressing ingredients in a blender using chopping mode. Adjust the taste as desired, then set aside.
- Marinate ribeye steak with Thai seasoning soy sauce and black pepper for 10 minutes. On stove, preheat a skillet over high heat until smoking. Place steak in skillet and cook to desired doneness. Remove steak from the skillet and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- After steak has rested, slice into thin strips. In a large bowl, add the sliced steak, a small amount of dressing (enough to coat the steak), and toss together. Then remove steak from bowl and set aside. In the same bowl, add butter lettuce, English cucumber, grape tomatoes, cilantro, purple onion, green onion, mint leaves, and Chinese celery. Add more dressing as needed, then toss it gently. Using two plates, place one half vegetable salad mixture on each plate, then one half of steak on top of each salad.
- Enjoy with your favorite J. Lohr wine!
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.