Central California Short Ribs featuring J. Lohr Estates Los Osos Merlot
Here’s a super easy, classic take on savory short ribs for your crockpot or slow cooker. Just be sure to have plenty of J. Lohr Estates Los Osos Merlot on-hand.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Rodney Worth.
- 4 2-inch thick short ribs
- 1 bottle J. Lohr Estates Los Osos Merlot
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup beef stock or bouillon
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- Sear short ribs for 3 minutes per side in a hot pan. Remove from heat.
- Coat ribs with flour, then place in crock pot with J. Lohr Estates Los Osos Merlot.
- Add carrots, celery, onion and beef stock to pot.
- Cover and cook three hours on high, checking for tenderness. Liquid will thicken to gravy consistency.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
- Spoon gravy over top of all.
- Enjoy with a glass of J. Lohr Estates Los Osos Merlot!
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.