Recipe courtesy of Steve Lewis, Keg Restaurants
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
- 1 oz. butter
- 2 oz. shallots
- 2 oz. garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 oz. chives, finely diced
- 32 oz. Clamato juice
- 1⁄2 oz. Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 oz. Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 2 1⁄2 lbs live mussels
- 2 oz. dill, roughly chopped
- 2 oz. pickled beans, chopped into 1⁄4 pieces
- bacon, fried until crispy, then break into pieces
- 4 lime wedges
- Place butter in a sauce pot on medium heat until melted. Add in the shallots and garlic, and cook until softened, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add in all remaining ingredients and simmer until reduced by a third.
- Heat the mussel sauce in a large sauté pan until boiling, then add in mussels and cover. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes, until all mussels are opened and hot throughout.
- Transfer the hot mussels and all liquid into 4 bowls. Top with dill, beans and crispy bacon pieces. Garnish with lemon wedges and add some warmed baguette slices if desired.
- Enjoy with a glass of J. Lohr wine!
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.