Red Wine BBQ Sauce
No summer barbeque is complete without the perfect BBQ sauce to accompany any meat or side dish. Pour yourself a glass of J. Lohr Estates Seven Oaks Cabernet Sauvignon as you splash a bit into this delicious BBQ sauce recipe. We recommend that you create the sauce one day before to allow the flavors to fully come together.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Yield: about 2 cups
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup J. Lohr Estates Seven Oaks Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. minced chives or green onions
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- hot sauce to taste
- Mince chives and garlic.
- Measure and add all ingredients into a small pot.
- Put pot over medium-high heat and simmer and move pan around slightly to mix ingredients.
- Continue to reduce over medium-medium/low heat until the liquid begins to thicken.
- Pour into a bowl or mason jar and allow to sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- Enjoy! Serves great as a marinade or side sauce for any dish.
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.