Korean BBQ Rack of Lamb
Recipe courtesy of Chef Chris O'Brien, Farm to Table Bistro
Prep Time: 8-24 hours
Total Time: 24-32 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. gochujang
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup green onions, minced and using white and light green parts only
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 2– 1 lb. racks of lamb, Frenched (have your butcher do this for you)
- Combine all ingredients except lamb and mix thoroughly. Place in large plastic bag with lamb and marinate for a minimum of 8 hours and preferably 24 hours.
- After marinating, remove lamb from bag and pat down. Reserve marinade. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Grill lamb racks fat side down for 5-7 minutes, then finish in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Using a meat thermometer, check the temperature, and when lamb reaches 125°F, remove from oven. Loosely tent lamb and let rest for 7 to 10 minutes.
- While lamb is resting, using a sauté pan, bring remaining marinade to a boil and reduce.
- Carve lamb and spread marinade over meat, leaving the balance in a small bowl for dipping.
- Enjoy with a glass of J. Lohr wine!
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.