Ginger Scallion Oil
Cheers to the Year of the Tiger! We’re celebrating the Lunar New Year, also known as Chinese New Year and Spring Festival, with a world of pairings starting with a quick and easy Ginger Scallion Oil. This delicious sauce has a variety of uses and pairs wonderfully with our J. Lohr Estates Riverstone Chardonnay. Recipe courtesy of J. Lohr Membership Services Director Kasey Martin and her fiancé Andy Lau.
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 10-12 servings
- ¼ cup fresh finely grated ginger
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions (green and white parts, about 1 bunch of scallions)
- ½ cup neutral oil (grapeseed, canola, or vegetable)
- 1 tsp. salt (or more to taste)
- In a small pan on medium heat, heat oil for about three minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add ginger to the oil and cook for three minutes.
- Add the sliced scallions to the pan and cook for one additional minute.
- Remove from heat and mix in salt.
- Let the oil sit for 15 minutes and serve over roasted or poached chicken, pork, or grilled fish.
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.