CRISPY PATATAS BRAVAS WITH Hilltop Cabernet Sauvignon
Here’s a traditional tapas potato recipe that is equal parts delicious and easy to make. A perfectchoice for last-minute fall guests. Pair with the 2017 J. Lohr Hilltop Cabernet Sauvignon.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 40 min.
FOR THE POTATOES:
- 1 ½ pounds fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
FOR THE AIOLI:
- ½ cup good quality mayonnaise use vegan mayonnaise
- ¼ cup roasted piquillo peppers seeds removed and coarsely chopped (can substitute roasted red pepper)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Arrange potatoes, cut-side down, ona rimmed baking sheet, spaced evenly apart. Pour in enoughwater to cover baking sheet with a thin layer, about 11⁄2-2 cups.Cover baking sheet very tightly with foil, crimping against thesides of the baking sheet to seal and trap in the steam.
2. Bake until a fork slides easily through potatoes, about20 minutes. Let potatoes cool slightly and increase oventemperature to 425°F. Peel back the foil on one corner andpour off any remaining water. Remove foil and drizzle olive oilover potatoes. Season with salt and toss to combine.
3. Arrange potatoes cut-side down and evenly spaced. Roastuntil tops are golden and bottoms are deeply browned, about20 minutes more. Let potatoes cool slightly, then use a spatulato unstick them from baking sheet.
4. While potatoes are baking, make the aioli by combiningmayonnaise, piquillo peppers and salt in a blender. Pulse untilsmooth and transfer to a bowl. Serve with the potatoes.
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.