Crispy Patatas Bravas with Hilltop Cabernet Sauvignon
Here’s a traditional tapas potato recipe that is equal parts delicious and easy to make. A perfect choice for last-minute fall guests. Pair with the 2017 J. Lohr Hilltop Cabernet Sauvignon.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 40 min.
FOR THE POTATOES:
- 1 ½ pounds fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
FOR THE AIOLI:
- ½ cup good quality mayonnaise use vegan mayonnaise
- ¼ cup roasted piquillo peppers seeds removed and coarsely chopped (can substitute roasted red pepper)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Arrange potatoes, cut-side down, on a rimmed baking sheet, spaced evenly apart. Pour in enough water to cover baking sheet with a thin layer, about 11⁄2-2 cups.Cover baking sheet very tightly with foil, crimping against the sides of the baking sheet to seal and trap in the steam.
2. Bake until a fork slides easily through potatoes, about20 minutes. Let potatoes cool slightly and increase oven temperature to 425°F. Peel back the foil on one corner and pour off any remaining water. Remove foil and drizzle olive oil over potatoes. Season with salt and toss to combine.
3. Arrange potatoes cut-side down and evenly spaced. Roast until tops are golden and bottoms are deeply browned, about20 minutes more. Let potatoes cool slightly, then use a spatula to unstick them from baking sheet.
4. While potatoes are baking, make the aioli by combining mayonnaise, piquillo peppers and salt in a blender. Pulse until smooth and transfer to a bowl. Serve with the potatoes.
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.