Crispy Patatas Bravas with Hilltop Cabernet Sauvignon
Here’s a traditional tapas potato recipe that is equal parts delicious and easy to make. A perfect choice for last-minute fall guests. Pair with the 2017 J. Lohr Hilltop Cabernet Sauvignon.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 40 min.
For the potatoes
- 1 ½ lbs. fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
For the aioli
- ½ cup good quality mayonnaise use vegan mayonnaise
- ¼ cup roasted piquillo peppers seeds removed and coarsely chopped (can substitute roasted red pepper)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Arrange potatoes, cut-side down, on a rimmed baking sheet, spaced evenly apart. Pour in enough water to cover baking sheet with a thin layer, about 11⁄2-2 cups. Cover baking sheet very tightly with foil, crimping against the sides of the baking sheet to seal and trap in the steam.
- Bake until a fork slides easily through potatoes, about 20 minutes. Let potatoes cool slightly and increase oven temperature to 425°F. Peel back the foil on one corner and pour off any remaining water. Remove foil and drizzle olive oil over potatoes. Season with salt and toss to combine.
- Arrange potatoes cut-side down and evenly spaced. Roast until tops are golden and bottoms are deeply browned, about20 minutes more. Let potatoes cool slightly, then use a spatula to unstick them from baking sheet.
- While potatoes are baking, make the aioli by combining mayonnaise, piquillo peppers and salt in a blender. Pulse until smooth and transfer to a bowl. Serve with the potatoes.
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.