Wine Bottle Bouquet
Valentine's Day is the perfect time to express your love in a creative and heartfelt way. This fun and easy Wine Bottle Bouquet combines the beauty of flowers with wine, making it an ideal gift for your special someone. Here's what you'll need:
- 1/4 block of green floral foam
- Produce bag/plastic bag (to keep the bottle clean)
- Roses (1 bunch)
- Carnations (2 bunches)
- Gerbera Daisies (1 bunch)
- Ornamental St. John’s Wort berries (optional)
- Olive branches (optional)
- Toothpicks (for the flowers that need extra support)
- Water spray bottle
- A bottle of J. Lohr wine (because every great bouquet needs a great wine!)
1. Cover the neck of the wine bottle with plastic to protect the foil capsule/cork, then push the floral foam down to create a hole in the middle.
2. Remove the floral foam and cut it down to your desired size (this will determine the size of the bouquet).
3. Put the floral foam in a deep bowl and cover it with water. Allow the foam to fully saturate, a process that takes approximately 2 minutes. (be sure not to exceed 20 minutes, as overly saturated foam can lead to excess moisture)
4. Remove the floral foam from the bowl and put it back on the top of the bottle. Then, start arranging your selected florals; use toothpicks to secure the flowers in place, if needed. Add filler florals such as ornamental St. John’s wort berries and olive branches to create depth and texture.
5. Give your bouquet a gentle spritz with water to keep the flowers looking fresh.
Whether it's a romantic dinner table centerpiece or a surprise gift, your thoughtful creation will surely make your loved one's heart skip a beat.