This holiday season, add whimsical charm to your dinner table, mantle, or entryway with these festive gnome wine bottle toppers.
- An old sweater (medium size works well)
- Faux fur for the beard
- 1-inch wooden round nose
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Exacto knife or razor blade (for cutting faux fur)
- Wine bottle for measurements
1) Lay your sweater out on a flat, clean surface. Set your wine bottle on one side of the sweater at the base to measure the width and height of the bottle.
2) Cut out the shape of the wine bottle and curve at the top. This will create the gnome's hat.
3) Fold the cut piece of the sweater in half horizontally, with the right sides together. Pin the edges together in the center to keep them in place.
4) Use a hot glue gun to glue the pinned edges together, creating a seam. Ensure the seam is secure and allow it to dry.
5) Determine the size of the faux fur beard by placing it against the wine sleeve and deciding the desired height and width. Trim the faux fur to the desired shape using an Exacto knife or razor blade.
6) Using your hot glue gun, apply glue to the back of the beard and affix it to the sweater. Press the beard in place and let it dry.
7) For the nose, lift a small section of faux fur in the middle, apply hot glue to the back of one side of the nose, and place it into the desired position in the faux fur.
8) Feel free to personalize your gnome wine sleeve with additional decorations. You can use ribbons, small ornaments, or other crafty touches. For this tutorial, we used small wooden beads.
9) Your Gnome Wine Bottle Topper is ready to use! Simply slide it onto a wine bottle to add a festive and charming touch to your holiday table or to give as a thoughtful gift.
Add a touch of holiday cheer to your celebrations with J. Lohr!