Even though the days are getting a bit shorter and cooler, we don’t have to forget about our alfresco dining adventures. Autumn is a wonderful season to enjoy picnics – changing colors, autumn florals, and a bounty of treats from harvest time all contribute to a great meal outside.
Whether traditionally in a park, out on your back patio, or even on the family room floor, there’s so many ways to enjoy a picnic this fall. Here are some pointers and tips for your fall picnic planning:
1. Check the forecast before you go! If picnicking outdoors, remember fall weather can change quickly, so make sure to check your preferred location before you head out. Don’t forget to bring layers to bundle up in, if needed.
2. Create a fall-themed charcuterie board. Use seasonal fruit such as persimmons, pears, grapes, cranberries, and figs to pair with a selection of your favorite meats and cheeses. Pumpkins are also a must-have to decorate your board with a pop of fall color.
3. Bring throw blankets and pillows. Pack items you don’t mind getting a little dirty; pillows are a must for comfort when dining on the ground.
4. Bring along some festive décor. To add a cozy fall feel, incorporate decorations such as pumpkins and seasonal florals.
5. Don’t forget the wine! With cooler weather, a bold red such as our J. Lohr Pure Paso® Proprietary Red Wine cozily pairs with a wide variety of fall fare.
Thank you to our partners who helped create this magical fall picnic experience! Pop up picnic: @_ohmypicnic | Florals: @fridayflowersgilroy | Photography: @kcostaphoto_