Double, double toil and trouble / Fire burn and cauldron bubble! 🎃 🧙🏼♀️ 🍷 We’re getting into the Halloween spirit by creating some spooky, festive décor. This fun DIY project upcycles your used J. Lohr wine bottles by turning them into witches’ brew apothecary bottles. Add these to your entry way, mantel, or as centerpieces for your All Hallows’ Eve celebrations.
What you’ll need:
- Used wine bottles
- Spray paint (we used matte black)
- Spooky labels (we found ours on Pinterest)
- Glue stick
- Mod Podge (we used a matte finish)
- Clean out your used wine bottles and soak them in warm water to remove the labels.
- Once the bottles are dry, apply spray paint evenly on the entire bottle and allow it to fully dry. Repeat this step if a second coat of paint is needed.
- Download the spooky labels that you found online or created yourself; print and cut them out. Flip the label on the backside and apply glue using the glue stick, then attach labels to bottles and allow them to dry.
- To give the labels a weathered appearance, next apply mod podge over the label and allow it to dry.
- Pour yourself a glass of J. Lohr wine and enjoy your new spooktacular creations!