The Perfect Pair: Chicken Piccata with J. Lohr Estates Riverstone Chardonnay
Recipe courtesy of Amanda Warren
- 3 large chicken breasts, cut in half and pounded
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- flour (for dredging)
- 6 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- splash of white wine
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. brined capers, drained
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Slice chicken breasts in half to make 6 smaller chicken pieces. Pound until thin. Season chicken generously with salt and pepper. Place flour on a plate, add garlic powder, and mix. Coat the chicken in your flour mixture.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter and olive oil to a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the pan is hot, cook the chicken pieces for about 7-8 minutes per side or until golden.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside on a plate layered with paper towels.
- Take the pan and add a splash of white wine to help pick up the brown bits and add flavor. Once brown bits come up, add 2 tablespoons of butter and the shallots. Let shallots cook until they are transparent.
- Add the chicken broth, the last 2 tablespoons of butter, and capers to the skillet. Stir until the butter is melted, and turn off the heat. Stir in the cream. (If you want to make this recipe without cream, increase the chicken broth to 3/4 cup.) Mix and add lemon slices.
- Add the chicken to the pan, and garnish with parmesan cheese.
Serve your Chicken Picatta dish immediately, and pair it with a glass of J. Lohr Estates Riverstone Chardonnay for the perfect pairing!