Monterey Bay Seafood Bake
Winemaker Kristen Barnhisel shares this easy summer grilling recipe perfect for an impromptu get-together. Just add one of our J. Lohr Chardonnays and you’re set!
Recipe provided by Kristen Barnhisel, J. Lohr Winemaker, White Wine
Prep Time: 20 min.
Grill Time: 15-20 min.
Yield: 4 servings
What you’ll need to get cooking
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- 2½ Tbsp. chopped fresh dill (set some aside for garnish)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 red potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 2 lemons sliced
- ¼ - ½ lb. combined total of your choice of seafood (added to each packet):
sand dab filet
small prawns (about 10)
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- cooking Spray
- aluminum foil
Recommended side dishes:
- Corn on the cobb
- Dinner rolls
- Pre-heat the grill to a medium heat
- Fold up 4, 14-inch pieces of aluminum foil to form a rectangle dish with sides
- Spray the inside of the aluminum foil with the cooking spray
- Slice the red potato and add to on one half of the aluminum foil
- Place the filet(s) and raw shrimp on the other side of the foil
- In a small bowl, mix the butter with the garlic, dill, salt, and pepper
- Pour the butter mixture over the fish and potatoes
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and fresh lemon juice
- Top the fish with lemon slices and fold the foil to close the top, crimping the edges tightly to seal
- Grill for about 15 minutes, rotating (but not flipping) the packets occasionally, until the fish is cooked through and the potatoes are tender; about 15-20 minutes
- Remove from grill and open the packets, serve with fresh corn, rolls, and butter
- Enjoy with a glass of J. Lohr Estates Riverstone Chardonnay or the J. Lohr Arroyo Vista Chardonnay!
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.