Egg Salad Finger Sandwiches
Light and fresh egg salad can be used as an appetizer or for a lunch time sandwich.
- 6 hardboiled eggs, chilled & peeled
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ to 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 ½ tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup finely diced celery
- ¼ cup finely sliced scallions white and pale green parts
- 1 tsp. minced fresh parsley leaves
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- your favorite bread
- lettuce leaves
- fresh tomato slices (optional)
- Combine eggs, mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, celery, scallions and parsley in a medium bowl.
- Using your hands squeeze eggs through your fingers mixing contents of bowl until desired consistency is achieved.
- Season generously or to taste with salt and pepper.
- Assemble sandwiches with lettuce & tomato and cut into finger size sandwiches.
Please visit J. Lohr’s Recipes page for additional recipes and pairing ideas.