recipe courtesy of Chef Dan Nguyen, Chef at Bistro Orient, Woodland Hills, California
- 1 lb fresh lump crab meat
- 1½ cups freshly shredded jicama (squeeze out excess water)
- 1 egg yolk, extra large
- 2–3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp celery leaves, minced
- 2 Tbsp J. Lohr Estates Bay Mist White Riesling
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onion
- flour for dusting
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, gently breaking up crab meat as you mix. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix thoroughly. Shape into 3 oz patties and place on a tray lined with wax paper. In a large, heavy nonstick pan, add olive oil and heat to medium. Dust patties on both sides with flour and gently place in pan. Cook about 3 to 4 minutes each side, turning once until golden. Place finished crab cakes on a paper towel to absorb excess oil. Serve with salsa.
- 1 jicama, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 medium tomato, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced dill weed
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/3 cup J. Lohr Estates Bay Mist White Riesling
- pinch of salt
Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Enjoy with a chilled glass of delicious J. Lohr Estates Bay Mist White Riesling!