recipe courtesy of Chef Armando Vasquez, Chef of La Scarola Restaurant, Chicago, Illinois
- 1/2 cup J. Lohr Estates Riverstone Chardonnay 
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 large shrimp
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese
- 8 sea scallops
- 8 oz penne pasta, cooked and drained just prior to serving
- 1 medium zucchini
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- salt, pepper, butter and extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 2 Tbsp jalapeño pesto sauce (olive oil, basil, jalapeño peppers, garlic—quantity of each depending on taste)
Jalapeño Pesto Sauce:
Using a food processor, start with 3 cloves of garlic and mince. Next, add 2 cups basil, one jalapeño pepper, and a dash of salt and pepper to the mixture. While the processor is running, slowly drizzle in approximately 1/2 cup of olive oil through the feed tube until all the ingredients are puréed. Ingredients for pesto sauce can be altered to your taste.
Coat a sauté pan with butter and extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Stir in shrimp and scallops. Add zucchini and cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste. Pour in pesto, heavy cream and J. Lohr Estates Riverstone Chardonnay. Cook for a few minutes until sauce thickens, then add pasta and cheese. Enjoy with a glass of J. Lohr Estates Riverstone Chardonnay !