recipe courtesy of Chef Anthony Trobiano, Chef at Surf’s Out, Kismet, New York
Serves 3 to 4
- 1 large monkfish tail and bone, cut into 3 to 4 portions
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 large leek, sliced thin
- 1 cup J. Lohr Estates Seven Oaks Cabernet
- 8 Sicilian green olives
- 1⁄2 cup basic tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 8 sage leaves
Season monkfish with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour. Heat olive oil in pan until almost smoking, then add fish to the pan. Brown both sides of fish and transfer into 350°F oven for approximately 12 minutes.
Return pan to heat and add leek slices and sage leaves. Sauté leeks until softened and starting to brown. Deglaze pan with J. Lohr Estates Cabernet, then add olives and tomato sauce. Simmer for five minutes, then add butter and parsley to finish the sauce. Place fish on plate and drizzle with sauce. Serve with a glass of J. Lohr Estates Seven Oaks Cabernet and enjoy!